Friday, August 8, 2008

Eight, Eight, Oh Eight!!

Oh my, today is 8/8/08 and the start of the Olympics in China.

I don't know about you, but there's already been more about China on TV this past week than I truly care to see (after watching very little TV! :)). I'm one of those who remain convinced that China "is what it is" and media flattering won't change my humble opinion. What's for certain, is that too many (almost all) of our manufacturing capabilities (and jobs) have gone way too far East for comfort, and it sure would be nice to be able to buy an American made shirt again! Oh well, no one is much interested in what I think about it, but don't think I'll be watching the "glamorization" of China on American TV!

So 8/8/08 is but a fleeting day in our lifetimes, it was a bright, sunny, fresh day here in Maryland. No humidity...Yeah!... Dixie, the Oggie Doggie beagle, got a nice long walk with Tiff and I, on this pleasant day.

Dixie, the Oggie, Doggie beagle


Many more things were boxed and organized at Tiff's house in preparation for her moving day. The truck comes tomorrow morning to be loaded up!!

Jimmy and Cindy Lynn arrived this afternoon and helped with the packing. We all agree that Tiff sure has ALOT of stuff!!

In the evening, a drive over to Catonsville to scope out the new home was made. It's a sweet home on a lovely street, with an inviting yard. And there's lot's of character, since the homes were all built in the 1940's, with arched doorways, and built-in bookcases and window seats, and other delightful little details you just don't find in newly built homes today. Some photos will follow soon!!

Several years ago, we had a truly delicious pizza at a place called Ledo's in Lancaster, PA. It was one of the best we'd tasted, so when it was noticed that there were "Ledo's" here in Maryland, it became our destination for dinner. True to memory, it was worth the trip!

Scott and Tiff, Jimmy and Cindy Lynn and Bob and I devoured (almost) three scrumptious pizzas. Let's see, there was the "Anything" one with bacon, sausage, beef, pepperoni, 'shrooms and all other manner of good stuff; the "Hawaiian", (my favorite) with pineapple and Canadian bacon, and the "White", with pesto basil, fontina, romano, and parmesan cheeses. All of them on this sort of light and slightly buttery crust, reminiscent of the Chicago type crusts.

It was another fun and YUMMY dinner with family, on 8/8/08!

3 comments:

LeBron said...

I thoroughly agree with your statements on China but I still can’t get over the fact that most RVers crawl on their hands and knees in worship of Wal-Mart since it became the largest Chinese industry several years ago!

Speedy said...

Oh my gosh you are making me hungry. I am trying to lose weight and this is not helping. We have a Popa Johns down the street and I am tempted....no no I cannot do this. OK it will pass soon.

Thanks for the up-date

Speedy

Bob and Molly said...

You're absolutely correct about Wal-mart...and I am guilty of helping them, as much as I hate to say it.

Joe, if you come help move, I promise you will NOT gain weight!!!:)