Monday, March 23, 2009

Rockport, the Seaside Jewel of Texas


Yes, I am way behind in keeping up my journal, but what a wonderful time we have been having!!!
We've spent much time with good buddies, eating way too many delicious meals, and laughing far too much....I just can't make myself spend time on the computer when the outdoors is calling me and there are memories to be made.
So, today, after two wonderful weeks in Boerne and San Antonio, we arrived in the seaside village of Rockport...and I'm not sure if we'll ever leave! It looks so much like home and our little place at the River...Who knew Texas had this perfect jewel hidden away on the Gulf coast??? Well, I know lots of you did, but we didn't!
So, now I'm off for the nightly walk, in the balmy weather with the smell of the sea and the call of the gulls......I'll write later!!
Hugs to everyone!

St. Paddy's Day fun.....Patti and Molly


Marcia, Norah and Bob

The Bull Rider...with Deb, Kathy and Donna in Luckenbach!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... is that a bit of facial foliage I see on Bob or was it just real late in the day.


Terry

Bob and Molly said...

Yes, indeed, Terry, thats FUZZY stuff on Bob's chin....! Must be the Texas weather! :)

Anonymous said...

Tell the ole' fella, if he wants to grow a good one, to try wintering in Nappanee or Shipshewana. I sure the two of you saw how good the beards grow there.

BTW I saw your post on EKPs. We'll be running up US77 Sunday morning on our way to our Sunday night reservation and mail drop at Schulenburg, up on I10.

BTW2... We wouldn't want to be blamed for breaking your diets or your pocket book by eatting out.

I do see L & L BBQ in Refugio, though. Looks like a hole in the wall with one good review.

Terry

Mark and Dortha said...

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying our Texas Gulf Coast. It is sounding like the "gathering" for 2010 might take place in that very spot.

Hugs to you both and we miss being with you guys. Hope our paths cross again sooner than later.

Dortha

MarkandRenita said...

We love the Rockport area and spent this winter at Watersedge. Were at Grand Isle, La for another week. Clear skies, Mark and Renita